We know that human relationships are at the core of education and thus Learning Catalysts are a central component of the Mycelium Network. These are people who are living their life’s work and are interested in sharing their passion, experiences, discoveries, and challenges with others. They are leading thinkers and doers from diverse fields that have developed a degree of mastery. These individuals bring their wisdom and experience to Mycelium participants by facilitating learning opportunities. Catalysts also step into the Network as learners themselves, inviting the Mycelium community to join in their efforts towards evolving their work. Both our participants and the Learning Catalysts learn from, create with and build lasting relationships with one another that span beyond the context of Mycelium.
Catalysts offer online and in-person learning experiences to participants – workshops, courses, webinars, conversation circles, etc. These experiences are diverse in nature and can range from Building a Brand to Conflict Transformation to Creating a Powerful Story. Participants choose which catalyst offerings they wish to participate in. Mycelium staff and participants also reach out to specific catalysts whose content is relevant to the current cohort and invite them to make offerings. Catalysts determine if their offer is a gift, has a financial cost, or operates within the creative economy.
Mycelium workshops are often hands-on so participants can gain information, try it out and then reflect upon what worked and what didn’t. Our aim is create participatory experiences that will be framed, undertaken, and then debriefed as a group.
If you believe you can help our participants realize their potential and are interested in being a part of this network, drop us a line and we’ll tell you more about how to join the Mycelium Network.
Learning Catalysts work with Mycelium in 4 ways:
- Self-exploration – Deepening into one’s sense of self and learning more about one’s purpose, values and what’s needed to operate at an optimum level. Supporting people in amplifying their strengths, discovering personal learning and work styles, and unearthing what needs to be released in order to step into their full potential.
- Personal and Organizational Branding & Marketing – Clarifying one’s story, audience, amd message. Identifying personal presentation style and discerning a method and strategy for marketing.
- Living Systems & Complexity – How to design and deliver initiatives that are based on living systems principles and include a comprehensive understanding of the big, interconnected picture.
- Strategy & Design – Knowing how to clarify intentions, create a strategy out of chaos and design plans that work.
- Social Change & Innovation – Understanding the stories, the data and the context within which social change work is happening. Understanding your stakeholders and knowing how to engage and build capacity within communities. Focusing on methods for innovation and creative design.
- Collaborative Leadership & Community Engagement – Understanding the dynamics of human behavior and deepening capacities to work across differences. Strengthening skills for recognizing and optimizing the assets of others, engaging the unexpected, and converging towards shared goals.
- What else do you think is essential?